Rough blocks of stone, up to seventy cubic feet, sold for about one cent per foot delivered in Calgary, and rubble was $7,000 per cord. Oliver sandstone quarry, circa 1915. Located in a gully on either side of 17th Avenue S.W. Courtesy Glenbow Archives. The sandstone era came to an end in Calgary in 1915, when the last quarries closed.